C++ Game Programming Books!NEED HELP

Started by
12 comments, last by Soccerman4 21 years, 1 month ago
More questions....does this book show you how to make an actual game like a tetris clone or pac-man pong.....ect..or is it just tricks for game programming gurus(joke you see?).
I exist.
Advertisement
Not particularly funny. It covers the components of real live games, and shows how to make a 2D space shooter. The new edition also includes a chapter (in the first edition it was only in PDF format on the CD) on text adventures. Over all, it''s a super book if you are conversant with C beforehand and you''re willing to stick with it.

//email me.//zealouselixir software.//msdn.//n00biez.//
miscellaneous links

[twitter]warrenm[/twitter]

...Game Programming Gurus is a pretty decent book. Acts as a good stepping stone if you want to get started in game development, however, I''d recommend you learn C and C++ first, without any relevance to games, then try making a few simple games on your own. Starting with games just makes the whole world of programming seem much more overwhelming at first.

"The power is not in knowing what to do, but how to do it." -ME
Life's Short. Make Games.
Yea i guess the joke wasn''t that funny....Anyway, thanks for the help. I''m probably going to get that book anyway(even though i don''t know C++). Cya later
I exist.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement