making an NPC walk around

Started by
2 comments, last by box 21 years, 1 month ago
Hi im making my first ever rpg in rpgmaker 2000 or something.. im trying to get an npc to walk around right..it doesnt work when i try to do this on another board lets say the demo one they give me the item walks around but if i insert the item onto my own board with the wander.prg at place it just stands there (uh what the???!!!!) ive been really frustrated over this over heaps of days trying to figure it out and i cant so could someone a little smarter PLEASE help tell me how to do this properly..or is there like some event thing i have to do or another program to insert (eh i dont know just help plz)
() ()(0_o)o---o( x )0---0
Advertisement
if you are using rpgmaker 2000, you have them walking around by specifying a path and a speed, which is in the lower left hand corner of the event editor window. just set the picture to the person you want.

----------------------
i code therefore i am.

Aero DX - Coming to a bored Monitor near you!
----------------------i code therefore i am.Aero DX - Coming to a bored Monitor near you!
uh no actually its rpg toolkit argh im such a dumbass!!

() ()
(0_o)
o---o
( x )
0---0
() ()(0_o)o---o( x )0---0
you have to write a script with the RPGCode (which is, amazingly enough, the first language i ever learned ). RPGCode is not hard at all; the help file that comes with it is very thorough. basically all you have to do is make a sort of loop where the NPC walks a path and will respond to you if you talk to him.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement