playing more than 1 animation with direct x .x files in C++

Started by
2 comments, last by goomyman 21 years, 1 month ago
I will admit all i know about playing animations with x files is from the limited x file loader demo which has an animation of a character walking. From going over the demo code I figured out how to animate an object using the animation information in the file with the polygon information but what if you wanted to have more than 1 animation for your character? How would you set that up and how would you switch between them. Is there a way to seperate the animation information from the mesh info in a seperate file? Any help would be appreciated. If you know of a good x file animation tutorial let me know.
Advertisement
At the moment i''m using the gamecore libraries that comes with jim adam''s programming rpg games book. Its really good for x files. I''ve currently got an x file containing a walk, stand and jump animation within it. The gamecore has objects called cAnimation in which you can load an animation from an x file by its name (a string). You can then use the setanimation on the cMesh object.

Damn easy!

When i''ve finally worked out all the goings on in my so called game i will then work out how the gamecore works! its nothing too complex, i''m just glad i dont have to deal with it right now!

hth.
where can i download his engine and look at his code?

Anyone else know how to do this?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement