dumb question - VB's and scaling

Started by
12 comments, last by FeveZ 21 years, 1 month ago
I''m going to kick myself when i get an answer to this one i know it!. (im writing my code in Visual Basic 6 btw ). Simple scenario: 1. I have a Vertex buffer. with a quad made up of 6 vertices. (3 for each triangle... I know, I know... 2 more than i need but besides the point). 2. I simply want to scale this along each of the XYZ coords. how do i do it? I''ve done this before but i cant remember how. Free goldfish to the first person to humiliate me :D FEv
Advertisement
bump
Look up D3DXMatrixScaling
gah!

cheers!... and your goldfish is in the post :D

Fev
Hmm...

What i intend to do is copy a polygon to a temporary vertex buffer... scale it in there somehow then copy the modified vertex buffer back to a ''main'' VB which is the one DX renders the geometry from.

Is it actually possible to do this at this stage or do i have to actually scale everything as they are drawn? :|

Ideally i want to get the scaling correct initially and then just draw everything after that.. instead of faffing around with the polys each frame. :D

Any help/examples would be much appreciated.:D

Fev :]
Can anyone help me with this?

:|
I think you can either lock the VB and then scale the "internal" vertices yourself, or you can just embed the scaling matrix into world transform matrix and let D3D pipeline do that for you.
I would be disturbed if there wasn''t an easy way to do this...

Ñìåðòü!
Thanks for the tip ''gamelife''.

although how is this actually done? Is this done with a call to d3dxmatrix scaling or is this going to involve some ''manual maths'' on my part?

[beginning to feel like a complete newbie now ROFL] :D

Fev
Can anyone expand on this? :|

Fev

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement