.EXE

Started by
4 comments, last by exodus7 21 years, 1 month ago
If you create a dialog based game can you turn it into a .exe file. If so how would you go about it? This might be a stupid question but then again I am a newbie
there is only one way
Advertisement
a dialog based game?

do you mean a text adventure game of some kind.. or a game made for a dialog box..

either way you can turn it into a .exe using a compiler.. depending on what language you use..

heres a begginers guide

http://www.gamedev.net/reference/programming/features/davegpg/
-keyboard
i mean a game made for a dialog box using Visual C++.
Looked at the link and couldn''t find any help.
there is only one way
When would it not be an .EXE? You did choose the ''Win32 Application'' project, and not an application extension (DLL)?
I remember compiling my first programme, changing the .txt file to an .exe file by renaming the extention... aww, the memories...
(don''t do that)
(do this
If you have created a console, and it runs, then the exe will be where ever you placed the .cpp file. goto that directory, then there will be another directory, "debug" or "release", and then in that directory, is your .exe. You just need the .exe, the rest of the code is throw away.

You also have to have a copy of C++ that works. If you obtained your C++ from the back of a book, it may not compile.
~~~~~Screaming Statue Software. | OpenGL FontLibWhy does Data talk to the computer? Surely he's Wi-Fi enabled... - phaseburn
Make sure that when the game runs, set the "Active Configuration" to Release. Your exe will then be in
the Release/ dir of your project directory.
When compiling in debug, it will ofc be in the Debug/ dir...

--
MFC is sorta like the swedish police... It''''s full of crap, and nothing can communicate with anything else.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement