Got Learn C++ in 21 Days

Started by
6 comments, last by Drevay 21 years, 1 month ago
Is it a good book? it seems alright, but do you guys have any other recommendations? If so, please list away :D Also I ordered C++ For the Complete Beginner from the library, should be in soon.....hope it''s good....anyway later :D Of course that''''s just my opinion, I could be wrong. -)(-Dennis Miller-)(-
_________________Politics is the ability to foretell what is going to happen tomorrow, next week, next month and next year. And to have the ability afterwards to explain why it didn't happen. -- Winston ChurchillGDNet-0.2 - rate users the easy way with this nifty Firefox extension. Updated with new features.
Advertisement
Core C++: A Software Engineering Approach
by Victor Shtern (Paperback)

I recently began reading this one...It seems to be very solid and has a 4/5 star rating at amazon.com

Programming Windows, The Definitive Guide to the Win32 API
by Charles Petzold

A must read for all windows programmers..
quote:Original post by taZman
A must read for all windows programmers...

Not if you''re using .NET/WinForms... though you could argue that''s not Win32 programming. *shrug*

Teach Yourself C++ in 21 Weeks would have been a more realizable title. Anyway, just make sure the book is up-to-date and practice, practice, practice.
Yes, I am deffinately practicing, none stop, and I may be a Win32 programmer (software developer and the such) in the future.

And, I got the EBOOK version of the 21 days book, there is a problem though, a big A with a funny little slash above it appears before the endl function, which i realized right away it was merely an error of the author.

But besides that it seems to be pretty accurate, it puts the reader very slowly into C++, not actually making them do a lot at first it seems, anyway thanks for the recommendations.

:D

Later :D

Of course that''''s just my opinion, I could be wrong.
-)(-Dennis Miller-)(-
_________________Politics is the ability to foretell what is going to happen tomorrow, next week, next month and next year. And to have the ability afterwards to explain why it didn't happen. -- Winston ChurchillGDNet-0.2 - rate users the easy way with this nifty Firefox extension. Updated with new features.
Learning C++ is like learning to drive a stick shift. You can learn how to do it in 21 days, but you''ll still stall, screetch, and make many other embarrassing mistakes for a couple months. Then it''ll just come to you...

It''s the little things you learn that help you as you go. Stick to these forums, ask questions, keep expanding your knowledge.

I recommend the Osborne Programmer''s Reference for C/C++. It''s a quick reference guide to the entire language, explained clearly. There''s no tutorials, so use it as a suppliment (and it''s cheap!)
--RiskbreakerCoding Soul
21 Days!?!

Copy image link and change extension to lower case for alternate version
24 hours in a row? Or spread out around gaming breaks?
It's not what you're taught, it's what you learn.
Michalson he is right 21 days...the 24 hours is a more condensed version and the 10 minutes is even more condenced

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/0672322072.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

[edited by - taZman on March 7, 2003 7:39:17 PM]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement