BrainF*ck compiler?

Started by
2 comments, last by Cestps 21 years, 1 month ago
I''ve tried to find one, but I can''t get the "official" one to work (there is no executable?), and there doesn''t seem to be terribly many other compilers around. Where can I find a working one, or how can i get the "official" one to work?
Abnormally large and solar energy charged!
Advertisement
To be perfectly honest, you are better off with Ook
If you do a google search, you can find a BF=>C translator written in BF and you can find a page written in &#106avascript that will run a BF program. So what you do is put the BF=>C translator in the box as the code to run, and in the "input to script" box you put the BF=>C tranlsator, and let it run. The output will be C code for a BF=>C translator, and then you won''t need to use the slow &#106avascript page anymore =-P<br><br>There are several BF=>C translators written in BF, and generally, the shorter the BF version is, the shorter the C version is, so you might want to look for the shortest BF=>C compiler in BF you can find. If you can''t find the &#106avascript page, it shouldn''t be hard to write a BF=>C translator in C based &#111;n the source of the BF program (aka manual translation of the translator should be easy since BF &#111;nly has operators for getch(), putch(), p++, p--, *p++, and *p--, and while(p){ and }. If you want to get fancy, you could even make the translator invoke GCC after creating the C file to make it a fully automated BF=>executable translator =-) <br><br>----------<br>Almost typo-ified using <a href="http://misc.psychosanity.com/typo.php">Extrarius'' AUTOMATIC Typo Generator</a>, but I decided to be nice =-)
"Walk not the trodden path, for it has borne it's burden." -John, Flying Monk
Sorry for being a newbie, but there doesn''t seem to be any documentation on either the bf or the ook .NET compilers, and it seems like I have to pass a command line parameter to them to compile. What is this parameter, anyone?
Abnormally large and solar energy charged!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement