Problem with DirectX App wizard!

Started by
2 comments, last by mujo 21 years, 1 month ago
When I compile simple DX app, created by DX9.0 app wizard, it compiles OK with debug configuration but if compiling with release configuration it flushes me with linker errors. This happens with VisualStudio.NET. With VisualStudio 6.0 everything goes OK. I looked in project settings and didn''t find anything unusual, however some guy says that problem is there. Does anybody know how to make it work right? ----- Q: What''s the difference between semaphore and monitor? A: Hmm... semaphore has only three pixels :-|
----- Q: What's the difference between semaphore and monitor?A: Hmm... semaphore has only three pixels :-|
Advertisement
What are the linker errors?
quote:Original post by Jim Adams
What are the linker errors?

------ Build started: Project: DirectX9Application2, Configuration: Release Win32 ------

Compiling...
StdAfx.cpp
Compiling...
diutil.cpp
dmutil.cpp
d3dfont.cpp
d3dfile.cpp
d3dutil.cpp
d3denumeration.cpp
d3dsettings.cpp
d3dapp.cpp
dxutil.cpp
DirectX9Application2.cpp
Generating Code...
Compiling resources...
Linking...
mfcs70.lib(stdafx.obj) : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___security_cookie
d3dsettings.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol ___security_cookie
d3dutil.obj : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol ___security_cookie referenced in function "struct D3DXMATRIX __cdecl D3DUtil_GetCubeMapViewMatrix(unsigned long)" (?D3DUtil_GetCubeMapViewMatrix@@YA?AUD3DXMATRIX@@K@Z)

Compiler finishes its job fine but linker doesn''t, so I call those errors linker errors.

Perhaps this isn''t best name but who cares...

-----
Q: What''s the difference between semaphore and monitor?
A: Hmm... semaphore has only three pixels :-|

----- Q: What's the difference between semaphore and monitor?A: Hmm... semaphore has only three pixels :-|
i may be wrong but i believe microsoft actually has that documented as a known bug for .net, they are fixing some related problem (according to the press releases anyway) in the new beta they have currently testing.

Brett Lynnes
cheez_keeper@hotmail.com
Brett Lynnescheez_keeper@hotmail.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement