Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wenching

Game Engine supports Directx 9?

Hello. Does anyone here know which game engine that fully supports Directx 9? TV3D is built on dx8.1 and can runs fine on dx9 runtime but i want an engine that is built in dx9? Hopefully there is an free evaluation to download. :D Hopefully the engine you recommend me is a good engine like tv3d or cipher or auran jet! Thanks. Regards, Chua Wen Ching "Very new to games I think"

RizMan: just because it was used in an older game doesn''t mean work hasn''t continued on it, take the unreal engine for example. I could still be wrong though, but I''m fairly sure I saw a news item on flipcode about a month ago that said a new version had just been released that did support DX9.

Revolution 3D sucks. Firstly, half the time the downloads are too slow and don''t work and secondly, it lacks a lotta features a "DirectX 9 compliant" engine should have.

TrueVision 3D is a much better and stabler engine.

Neo, an open source engine, is another really COOL engine. It supports OpenGL and DirectX 9 as well. It supports Cg programs and a whole lotta other features including a neat scenegraph.

Here''s the website neoengine.sourceforge.net.