Game Engine supports Directx 9?

Started by
8 comments, last by wenching 20 years, 8 months ago
Hello. Does anyone here know which game engine that fully supports Directx 9? TV3D is built on dx8.1 and can runs fine on dx9 runtime but i want an engine that is built in dx9? Hopefully there is an free evaluation to download. :D Hopefully the engine you recommend me is a good engine like tv3d or cipher or auran jet! Thanks. Regards, Chua Wen Ching "Very new to games I think"
"Very new to games I think"
Advertisement
I think I remember seeing something that said Max/FX did. Don''t think it''s a free-to-use engine though.
"Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.".....V
Isn''t Max/FX the engine they used for Max Payne? If so, it is NOT free and certainly not DX9 based.
Revolution3D supports DX9 natively.

Hah we''ve got one up on you TV3D guys now, Mwahaha. Just kidding.
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
RizMan: just because it was used in an older game doesn''t mean work hasn''t continued on it, take the unreal engine for example. I could still be wrong though, but I''m fairly sure I saw a news item on flipcode about a month ago that said a new version had just been released that did support DX9.
"Voilà! In view, a humble vaudevillian veteran, cast vicariously as both victim and villain by the vicissitudes of Fate. This visage, no mere veneer of vanity, is a vestige of the vox populi, now vacant, vanished. However, this valorous visitation of a bygone vexation stands vivified, and has vowed to vanquish these venal and virulent vermin vanguarding vice and vouchsafing the violently vicious and voracious violation of volition. The only verdict is vengeance; a vendetta held as a votive, not in vain, for the value and veracity of such shall one day vindicate the vigilant and the virtuous. Verily, this vichyssoise of verbiage veers most verbose, so let me simply add that it's my very good honor to meet you and you may call me V.".....V
YO Dont diss the tv3d!!! im a hardcore tv3d lover!!!
ermokwww.truevision3d.com
Yeah even though Revolution3D is based on a complete rip off of the TV3D source code when TrueVision was an open source project...

James Simmons
MindEngine Development
http://medev.sourceforge.net
So , is the source code of that version of TrueVision still available on the net ?
thanks
Revolution 3D sucks. Firstly, half the time the downloads are too slow and don''t work and secondly, it lacks a lotta features a "DirectX 9 compliant" engine should have.

TrueVision 3D is a much better and stabler engine.
Neo, an open source engine, is another really COOL engine. It supports OpenGL and DirectX 9 as well. It supports Cg programs and a whole lotta other features including a neat scenegraph.

Here''s the website neoengine.sourceforge.net.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement