multitexturing

Started by
7 comments, last by biotech 21 years, 1 month ago
is there anybody who knows how to turn off multitexturing and go back to normal texturing mode? (i know this should be simple belgrade-yu
belgrade-yu
Advertisement
Just disable texturemapping in all the texture units except GL_TEXTURE0_ARB,.....

ex.
    glActiveTextureARB( GL_TEXTURE1_ARB );    glDisable( GL_TEXTURE_2D );    glActiveTextureARB( GL_TEXTURE0_ARB ); 
--------<a href="http://www.icarusindie.com/rpc>Reverse Pop Culture
ok thanx,but does this mean that i am stuck with multitexturing mode?
sounds funny.
anyway thanx a lot.

belgrade-yu
belgrade-yu
No, since normal multitexturing mode is really just multitexturing with only texture unit 1 active.

So if you disable all texturing units except for 1, and set the active unit to 1, it''s the same as "normal texturing" mode (since it is exactly the same)
sorry but i mentioned it because i was using normal tex mode and then i switched to multitexturing but then every texture that was binded with normal mode was very dark(very strange) and multitexture maps were ok.

belgrade-yu
belgrade-yu
Can you show some of your code? it would help alot... it might be you passed some wrong parameters to glTexEnvf..
--------<a href="http://www.icarusindie.com/rpc>Reverse Pop Culture
i will have to look some old cd''s,but i can remember that i
had this problem,it was very annoying and i haven''t got the answer untill you came...ok thanx again.
do you know accidentaly how to import keyframes from 3ds? (i know how to import data)
belgrade-yu
for multitexturing there are multiple blending methods.After activating the second texture unit you can select the method you want/need by doing one of the next:
glTexEnvi(GL_TEXTURE_ENV,GL_TEXTURE_ENV_MODE,GL_REPLACE);
glTexEnvi(GL_TEXTURE_ENV,GL_TEXTURE_ENV_MODE,GL_ADD);
glTexEnvi(GL_TEXTURE_ENV,GL_TEXTURE_ENV_MODE,GL_MODULATE);
glTexEnvi(GL_TEXTURE_ENV,GL_TEXTURE_ENV_MODE,GL_COMBINE_EXT);
the methods are self explanatory
if you need more control over blending you could use GL_COMBINE_RGB_EXT
now I realllllly need to get some sleep
---sorry for not using proper english , I'm from latin roots
thanx again for all this usefull texture data.
i need some sleep too so...see you.

belgrade-yu
belgrade-yu

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement