Young Programmer eager to test His Function.

Started by
11 comments, last by MichaelNolan 21 years, 1 month ago
Hi I just created a milkshape ascii loader function for my game engine and i can''t even try it because i don''t have any ms ascii files. Can you please send my some samples if you have any. Thanks.
Mike
Advertisement
go to 3dcafe.com and download some free models.
go download milkshape and during your trial import all the models you downloaded from 3dcafe and export them as milkshape ascii files.
Or just search for ms ascii files.
I have the free trial of ms but it expired and i can''t import and export. Do you know any sites for ms ascii files?
Mike
cant say i do. Just did a google search and all i came up with was milkshape 3d ascii loaders like you have made.
Bummer. I checked aswell and i found something that came with a loader function but my function didn''t work. I think it might be because most functions and loaders are created in Visual C/C++ but i use Borland C++ Builder 4.
Mike
Theres an example ms ascii loader with the SDK (available from the site) which includes 2 ascii models with animations.

No offence or anything, but if you wrote the loader without having access to an example file, how did you write the loader? EG how did you know what to load?

To be honest, I''m not surprised your loader doesn''t work if you never referenced the file format you were writing for ;¬)

Dan
[size="1"]
Hey!
I downloaded the SDK from MilkShape 3D''s official web-site however, i think it might not work because i use borland builder instead of VC++.
Mike
The compiler has no influence on functionality.

Well it was just in case. It took me a while to get OpenGL to run on Builder.
Well it was just in case. It took me a while to get OpenGL to run on Builder.
Mike

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement