QUOTE OF THE DAY

Started by
4 comments, last by Dreddnafious Maelstrom 21 years, 1 month ago
taken from a bishop_pass link in the Lounge forum(you AI junkies may have heard it already) "You know, the universe is the only thing big enough to run the ultimate game of life. The only problem with the universe as a platform, though, is that it is currently running someone else''s program." thought it was cool. Dredd
"Let Us Now Try Liberty"-- Frederick Bastiat
Advertisement
But that''s easily fixed... just FORK the process and alter the parameters!

Timkin
hehe

(if you are not rich(my case)) To live in the 3nd world is a very hard game, but I like it lot!

--------------------------
Rory Gallagher and Chico Science music !!!!!!!
---------------------------
--------------------------Rory Gallagher and Chico Science music !!!!!!!---------------------------____||~~~~|/TT
quote:Original post by Timkin
But that''s easily fixed... just FORK the process and alter the parameters!

You might like to read about many worlds theories (quantum mechanics).

The forking basically seems to happen all the time. Picking the ''parameters'' you want, on the other hand, isn''t a nice process. You could do it by shooting yourself in all of the universes where the parameters you want do not happen (by chance) - then all remaining instances of yourself find themselves in freshly forked universes with parameters as you wanted.
"The only problem with the universe as a platform, though, is that it is currently running someone else''s program."

Just couldn''t help posting here and reffering you to my signiature...

Pneumatic Dryll
God created the world in 7 days, but we''''re still waiting for the patch.
Pneumatic DryllGod created the world in 7 days, but we''re still waiting for the patch.
quote:Original post by g
You might like to read about many worlds theories (quantum mechanics).

Actually I''ve already studied a fair bit on this topic... it''s also a well worn and well used method of analysis in philosophy.

Cheers,

Timkin

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement