Creating a Telnet server

Started by
1 comment, last by zackriggle 21 years, 1 month ago
I am looking for something to keep me occupied until summer starts, and I figure that I ought to do something that has a lot to do with the internet, sockets, and networking in general. Since Telnet has been around for awhile, I chose it. Would anyone point me towards an RFC or documentary on the Telnet protocol? That is, unless you simply receive the commands as text, and send the replies back in text. However, I doubt this is the case. Any help would be welcomed. Thanks. [XtaC]
Advertisement
here

500x5

emptyhead
Watch out for advice from the successfull, they don''t want company
:wq!
go to www.rfc-editor.org .. they have all the RFCs and i''m pretty sure the telnet specification is among them.

None of that is really required (unless you want to implement file transfer or other advanced features).. i have created a simple program that would let you see the contents of your assigned directories and subdirectories based on your privileges in java (very good for this kind of program.. unfortunately, it adds a carriage return at the end of every sent message i think).. all you have to do is send and recieve text.. very simple..
Disclaimer: "I am in no way qualified to present advice on any topic concerning anything and can not be held responsible for any damages that my advice may incurr (due to neither my negligence nor yours)"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement