Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Brerick

RPG Tutorials

quote:
Original post by micepick
Programming Role Playing Games with DirectX by Jim Adams.

I doubt you will find any tutorials online. It''s a pretty involved topic.

No, theres a really great site for it actually, i just lost the URL and im trying to find it again. I''ll post it once i find it again

What kind of RPG? I''m currently working on a 2D RPG in the style of Final Fantasy for the Super Nintendo. I''ve been typing up some notes as I go along. If this is what you''re looking for, I''ll post some info on my website.

Tony

This site contains a tut for making an RPG in VB. If you read through it and you understand a little bit of VB, you should be able to convert the source code to suit your language of choice.

I have not read nor do I endorse the use of this tutorial. I shall not held responsible for any damage incurred from the use of the tutorial. If this tutorial cause your dog to become a crack addict, I disclaim any responsibility.

http://markbutler.8m.com/vb-tutorial.htm

BTW: I found this site by using www.google.com and searching for rpg+programming+game+tutorial.

[edited by - yspotua on March 19, 2003 12:48:58 PM]

Go to the articles section on this site, click to game programming and check out the Game Programming Genesis articles. The first 5 or so are general DX topics but the last few put it all together to do a simple RPG.

Caroline M.