absent for trig class....homework help

Started by
13 comments, last by smartertard 21 years, 1 month ago
If you don't respect Zipster's response 63616C68h, then I'll chime in on this one. I suggest you take to heart what I have written below.

Read the FAQ. Get to know and understand the FAQ. The FAQ is your friend. It will educate you in the ways of this forum. One of those ways is that homework questions without showing any attempt at the work are expressly forbidden. If the poster of a homework question attempts the work but cannot solve the problem, shows their working and asks a question, then we, as moderators and staff of GameDev, don't mind the use of the forum to help educate (even though the post is not game related), since this is of benefit to all of us in the long run.

Please remember, this is a game development website for the purpose of learning and sharing knowledge about game development... NOT homework. Posting to this forum actually costs money in ISP costs and hardware. You don't pay it... Dave does... out of his own pocket. Please respect that fact and reserve the bandwidth for acceptable purposes.

As has been mentioned, there are plenty of sites out there dedicated to helpwin with homework. There really isn't any need to post such questions here.

Regards,

Timkin

[edited by - Timkin on March 16, 2003 6:00:39 PM]
Advertisement
quote:
If you are a student, then you are bound by an honor system not to cheat. Its an unwritten contract between you and your teacher and school.

I heard that at some schools/colleges they''ll actually make you sign your final exam, so that way you''ve made a contract saying that it''s your own work.
At uni I have to sign a declaration on every piece of coursework I hand in stating that the work is entirely my own and that I have referenced anything that isn''t (ie quotes etc). We don''t sign the exam scripts because it would be possible for a marker to know who we were & open us upto possible discrimination (don''t get why that doesn''t apply to coursework though!).
Most Australian universities have a tearoff cover sheet on exams that is filled out by the student and signed. Within my faculty at Monash we had students sign a statement that the work was their own, or that where indicated, work within a group project was theirs. This of course didn''t stop rampant plagiarism. You''d think they''d learn not to cheat when they KNOW that we used software developed within the department to check for plagiarism from billions of documents (particularly web based stuff) and could tell when code written by a student had been copied by others.

Timkin
As other said, the forum FAQ explains my policy on home clearly. It also provides several web links that can be used to help with homework. I am closing the thread. In the future, please use other resources for homework help.

I appreciate those who have referred the original poster to the forum FAQ. Had this thread been displayed properly as a new thread in the list, I would have addressed it earlier myself.

Graham Rhodes
Senior Scientist
Applied Research Associates, Inc.
Graham Rhodes Moderator, Math & Physics forum @ gamedev.net

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement