• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

davidkosenina

Animating meshes - please help

This topic is 5573 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Helo I have been studying DirectX9 sample on SkinMesh for some time and I cant understand a few things. I would just like to load .x file with animation and then render this animation usin animation controler. I dont want to set up bones and skinig! If there was an example on animation in directX9 it would be a lot easier to learn other things like skinmesh for example. Anyvay, here is what I have figured it out: D3DXLoadMeshHierarchyFromX - function used for loading frame hearacy from .x file Output: LPD3DXFRAME* LPD3DXANIMATIONCONTROLLER* Input: LPD3DXALLOCATEHIERARCHY Ok, then I make a class derived form ID3DXAllocateHierarchy and setup four functions: CreateFrame(); CreateMeshContainer(); DestroyFrame(); DestroyMeshContainer(); I am sure that I did averything right to this point! But after a succesfull call to D3DXLoadMeshHierarchyFromX(), when I wont to acces pMeshContainer and render my pFrame->pMeshContainer is 0x0000000 ??????????????? Whats the problem? What else do i have to set up to render a simple animation? (red box moving up and down) Where can i get some good info, tutorial, anything, ..etc. on that subject? Please help me if you can I am feeling down.

Advertisement

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!