Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

duhroach

Unusual error (no clue)

duhroach    225
The image below is a problem that i'm getting when i run my opengl program on other machines. I have no clue what's happening. I'm drawing all the polygons normal, but for some reason, i get odd clipping errors, like whole chunks of geometry will just 'dissapear'. any ideas? ~Main [edited by - duhroach on March 16, 2003 2:59:39 PM]

cbenoi1    484
It looks as if you have drawn polygons with incoherent surface normals and backface culling turned on. That may be cause by an unknown initial device driver configuration (some turn off normalization by default), or by the byte ordering of the new plateform (i.e. are you running on a 64bit or bigendian machine?)

1) Turn off backface culling to see that all the polygons are indeed present. Try forcing the normals within geometry calls ::glNormalf()/::glNormalPointer(), and force normalization with ::glEnable( GL_AUTO_NORMAL ) or ::glEnable( GL_NORMALIZE ).

2) Check your geometry input files to determine if some bytes have not been flipped, or if the ''stride'' parameter of ::glMap2(), ::glNormalPointer() et al. does fit the memory configuration of the other plateform.

-cb

RizMan    146
Don''t blame me for this as it has absolutely nothing to do with the topic but I gotta get rid of it:
This picture reminds me of some weird projects some architecture students made a while back here at my University. Looks like some postmodern design for a spacy house.