Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bonny

Menu problem and Window closes if clicked outside

Hello I have reentered into the world of Visual C++ after a while. I have tried for sometime now to resolve this. I hope somebody might point me in the correct direction or tell me what I might be doing wrong. This is regarding a Visual C++ DirectX application. I use Visual Studio .NET. I am not using the MFC. There are two problems I face. 1. I have a menu lets say that has File, Edit, Help. When I click on File, the menu drops down. Up until here it''s fine but then when I move the mouse over Edit, the file menu that dropped down previously does not disappear. It still remains under the Edit menu list. I cant figure out what I might be doing wrong. Is there someother message I need to take care of to refresh the window. 2. My second problem is as follows. This is regarding the same application. If I click anywhere outside the window my application closes. It also closes if I minimize the window. It does not close if I maximise the window. My window style is WS_OVERLAPPED | WS_CAPTION | WS_SYSMENU | WS_THICKFRAME | WS_MINIMIZEBOX | WS_MAXIMIZEBOX | WS_VISIBLE; I would appreciate any help Thanks Bonny

I''m totally guessing here, but perhaps there''s something wrong with the wndproc. Maybe there is some faulty code related to WM_COMMAND handling that produces the menu related problem. And maybe a missing case break in the switch is allowing program flow to fall through to the window closing handler in the second case. I might be way off with those guesses, but it can''t hurt to double check the wndproc.

I tried what you said. Still the same. I even removed all the event handlers and the same problem persists.

I did notice in the output window during debugging that it says.

The thread ''Win32 Thread'' (0x860) has exited with code 0 (0x0).

and then it says
The program ''[1512] Trial.exe: Native'' has exited with code 1 (0x1).

Is this the cause of any or all of my problems?

I would have to look at your code to accurately diagnose the problem. Zip up the code - the version that prompted your first post if possible - and email it to me. I''ll take a look.