c vs c++ for game dev

Started by
7 comments, last by neos 21 years, 1 month ago
Is there any specific advantage to using either c over c++ or vise-versa for 3d games, on windows, using opengl?
shaun
Advertisement
No
"...."
Well im new too but I think people used to use C because of speed advantages but now that processing power is so great it doesnt make that big a differnce anymore. I think C++ is the way to go because with classes you can contain everything in code block for easy maintanence.

just my two cents, might only be worth a peso though
"Dont worry its not loaded..."
no
"...speed advantages..."

wrongo
umm why dont you help the guy out instead of posting "No"
"Dont worry its not loaded..."
well because they had this discussion already in another thread.
and they beat it to death.

in short no.
in long... before there used to be, but now because of
technilogical(sp?) advances, no.

the SEARCH now works.
so before asking a question research it first.
and it''s between "active topics" and "login".

Beginner in Game Development?  Read here. And read here.

C++ OOP code is easier to maintain and modern game programming APIs (DirectX, OpenGL 2.0) use C++. Inheritance, and just classes in general are very useful for organizing your code.

Looking for a serious game project?
www.xgameproject.com
You should learn and understand the usefulness of encapsulation, which can be done in C or C++. If you use C++, you sort of force yourself to use it, which is good, but it does not mean that it can only be done in C++. I would recommend learning C++ anyway, since it will be easier to follow examples of other people''s tutorial code, which is often written in C++. It is also not that difficult to learn with the proper tutorial.

Jason Doucette - my online résumé page: www.jasondoucette.com
projects, real-time graphics, artificial intelligence, world records, wallpapers/desktops
Jason Doucette / Xona.comDuality: ZF — Xbox 360 classic arcade shmup featuring Dual Play

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement