My Gear + Available Music for Games

Started by
1 comment, last by Psyquerious 21 years, 1 month ago
My Gear This is in response to a reply to my post by Deimos67 & for the benefit of anyone else who is interested. I have been composing & producing music for about 8 years. I use a combination of off-board & onboard recording techniques, although my final work is done on the computer. I use an Akai multitrack recorder (the DPS 12) with optical outputs for digital transfer to the PC. I also use a 24 bit processing engine onboard the computer with a digi2 multitrack firewire setup. Sometimes, I use a recycling process utilizing the environmental audio settings on my soundcard to achieve the same result one would by using a sonic maximizer. The main programs I use are: Sonic Foundry''s Sound Forge, Sonic Foundry''s Acid, Steinberg''s Cubase, & IK''s T-Racks (for Mastering). Also NI''s Battery & several soft synths for midi sound generation along wit the Oxygen 8 midi controller. I use modules & instruments by Korg, Roland, Akai, Yamaha, Zoom, Boss, Washburn, Ibanez, Fender, Epiphone & Takamine. I use digital means of transfer to the PC to preserve the highest possible quality of recording - e.g., optical, firewire, usb, etc. My music is quite unique and often involves processed sounds as well as pure sound elements. I use both onboard & standalone effect processors to achieve the optimum enhancement of each recorded sound. This meticulous method of recording & processing is apparent in my work. More Specifically, I use an Akai DPS 12 with built in effect processing; an Akai MPC 2000; a Korg MS 2000 Analog Modeling Synth; a Korg ER-1 Electribe Rhythm Sound Module; a Roland MC-505 Sound Module with the D-Beam Controller; A Yamaha Midi Controller Synthesizer with over 700 voices, onboard sequencer, & built in effects; a Motu Midi Sync Box for synchronizing multiple midi time clocks of my modules to the program clock in Cubase; two off-board effect processors - one by Yamaha for my acoustic / electric or electric guitars & one by Zoom for voice & other instruments; a Korg Kaos Mixer for additional sound processing, particularly useful for its filter & modulation settings; a Behringer mixer for running multiple instruments / modules through a mixer prior to morphing multiple instrument sounds together with the Kaoss Mixer - prior to routing them through the digi2; Ibanez 7 string metal guitar to crank out the crunchy metal rhythm tracks; Epiphone Demon for additional metal or hardcore guitar instrumentation; Washburn P Base for the funky or metal compositions; Takamine acoustic electric for the versatile & mellow acoustic numbers; Fender Strat for the everything else; & the Yamaha digital drum pads for simulated live drumming sound. I''m sure there''s some crap I forgot, but I think this should be enough to satisfy Deimos67, or shall I say Mark Henderson of StoneEYE Sound Design fame''s curiosity. ; ) There are some remixing tools I also employ which are not listed above. Again, I use both software & hardware in achieving a good remix. I have some sampling tools also which I didn’t get into. The equipment listed above may not be the most expensive or high-end, but it is undoubtedly professional quality and once one learns how to use each piece effectively, then one is able to compose / produce worthwhile music. I welcome all comments, suggestions, etc. by Deimos67 or anyone else who thinks I should add or incorporate new machinery or software into my existing setup. There are space constraints however & as tempting as a new gear sounds I’ve had to hold off on some purchases. I will provide samples of my work to those who wish to employ me for a game project. I prefer to submit such samples by CD after we have discussed the terms of the project.
Advertisement
i don''t know what you''re responding to, but anyone who thinks you need the newest top end stuff probably doesn''t have the guts to use anything else

having said that, does all that "we only use the finest cheeses" talk really work?
neither a follower nor a leader behttp://www.xoxos.net
He was posting a reply to a question I had in another Forum. I use all recording equipment geared towards band recording, but I still like Sonar 2.0''s midi functions. I have been able to get some good stuff out of it. Thanks for the reply and good luck with your career.
"Professional Audio Engineer"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement