VC++ 6 IDE and Win2k

Started by
4 comments, last by Qoy 21 years, 1 month ago
I''m using Visual C++ 6 on Windows 2000, and almost every other time I try to save a source file, a dialog box pops up telling me that it cannot save the file; that the file may be in use by another application. If I click OK and then try to save the file immediately again, it saves correctly, so it''s not that big an issue, but it''s annoying nonetheless. This never used to happen when I was running it under Windows 98, although I do remember it happening under XP a few times, so I think it might be related to the OS. Has anyone encountered this, or have any idea what could be happening? Thanks!
Advertisement
I am having the problem aswell. Are you currently running a virusscanner? Because I think the virusscanner is doing a check on the file. I think I solved it before by adding the .c, .cpp, .h, .hpp to the virusscanner exclude list.

I don''t know excactly, but I think it worked.

Sand Hawk
----------------(Inspired by Pouya)
it''s norton''t fault.
I had the same problem a million times and it''s really a pain in the ass!! Visual C++ 6 also has a LOT of problems when using Templates, i recommend you to download service pack 5 in case you haven''t done it yet, if service pack 5 do not solves the problem, your solution is to choose another compiler.
Visual C++ 7(.net) do not have this problems and it''s very nice compiler.

Bye
Thanks, excluding source files from antivirus fixed the problem!
hmm, i think this problem has been posted before..

emm, thats no complaint on posting it though

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement