Anyone wanna make a Simple game with me? plz!!

Started by
25 comments, last by MTT 21 years ago
Depends, how much experience do you have?

- Rob Loach
OverTech Technologies
----------
"I don''t know half of you half as well as I should like; And I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
- Bilbo Baggins
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
Advertisement
"I have NO programming experience"
Use the MakeGame() function, it''s a built-in
i''d be happy to help you out, aniond, but i''m afraid i don''t know a whole lot more than you do. i''m a programmer by trade, but i''ve never written a graphics engine, or most of the other things you''d need for the kind of game you''re looking at. (unless you wanted to write it in Visual Basic)

that said, there is more to game design than programming. that RPGMaker software will be immensly valuable to you, since you can learn the logic and flow of a game without getting bogged down in difficult programming languages.

good luck!

ace_of_jokerz
You know Valderman, i think that my game might be a better example of how not to structure a game . It got so bad that i have unfixable bugs and i''m just rewriting the whole thing the way it should be..
Disclaimer: "I am in no way qualified to present advice on any topic concerning anything and can not be held responsible for any damages that my advice may incurr (due to neither my negligence nor yours)"

Wow, do you think the experienced programmers at Gamedev are THAT nice?

Methinks not.

I still can''t believe you posted this...

Of course that''''s just my opinion, I could be wrong.
-)(-Dennis Miller-)(-
_________________Politics is the ability to foretell what is going to happen tomorrow, next week, next month and next year. And to have the ability afterwards to explain why it didn't happen. -- Winston ChurchillGDNet-0.2 - rate users the easy way with this nifty Firefox extension. Updated with new features.
You are taking the wrong approach to this whole thing i think. Start at the begining.

Get a compiler: Goto bloodshed.net and get the free dev c++ compiler

Find a tutorial: i think the cprogramming.com one is good

There is a start, now start learning and once you have enough knowledge to make a small game. and i mean SMALL. That probably like knowing loops, if, else, and all the basics. Look at the jackpot example that comes with dev, it will give you ideas and you can learn from it. Then make a game, i made a slot machine thing off my mind when i got here encorperating ideas from the jackpot thing. Il post my code if you''d like. When you make this little game (try and come up with somthing that is not mine or jackpot, im shur youll have ideas, it might take a little more code but im shure you could make a really simple short segmant of a rpgish typed thingy, you seem to be into rpg''s. When this works and you know you did it all on your own with nobody else helping you it will make you very proud. No matter how small it is it is a working game that might even be remotely fun. Then continue on and maybe try and conquer a 2 player tic tac toe game, then if your feeling up to the challenge make AI.

The point is that you are aiming way to big to start out with, and you know that, and thats why you are here looking for help which you shouldn''t really be trying to find, its better to do it yourself. And if your more advanced than this and done all ive suggested then tetris, breakout, pacman, mario typed side scroller. Then you have some good experiance and you might be ready to try out a large group project.
--------------------------http://www.gamedev.net/community/forums/icons/icon51.gif ... Hammer time

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement