.aas file format

Started by
5 comments, last by Thorgul 21 years, 1 month ago
Do you have any informations on .aas files and Quake III AI ?
Advertisement
Mmm, perhaps you should consider searching the web before asking here... there is plenty of information out there regarding the Authorware (Adobe) Shocked packet format and also about AI for Quake bots.

Timkin
Sorry I did not explain cleary (sorry I am french )
But I have to make a Quake III and the only files I can
use from the original Quake are the .bsp and the .aas.
And after day and day of research I only found informations
.BSP files. The problem is that I need check points and other informations to start coding my AI.
Sorry for the mistake and my very bad English

[edited by - Thorgul on March 17, 2003 7:41:40 PM]
hi, I'm a member of thorgul's project group (it's a school project), and I'm in charge of the graphics and physics engine. actually, our problem is that we DID search the net for information on aas file format, but didn't find anything interesting. we also looked a Q3radiant source code, but here again, nothing about .aas
you are talking about "the Authorware (Adobe) Shocked packet format" ?? is it the same format as the .aas ?? I thought aas meant "area awareness system" and was q3 specific?

our problem might be that we don't search in the good places, but I promise we did search a lot, we also looked at books on AI, on the tutorials here on gamedev, we also asked on gametutorials forum, but nobody there could give a clear answer, apart from "look in the tools source code", what we did, and we didn't find any aas stuff either

so if you had any tips/web pages/tutorials were we could find infos on what's really inside the .aas (are there lumps like the bsp files at the beginning of the .aas? what do they contain? what structures are stored by the file, etc?), that wuld be a great help

thanks a lot

[edited by - sBibi on March 18, 2003 1:39:21 AM]
.aas is generally taken to be an Adobe format... but it sounds as though someone has decided to use the name for a proprietry format... not a good idea! You might want to check out John Laird''s team who have done a lot of research on Quake AI.
...or just read Jan Paul''s document on how the Quake III bot builds the Area Awareness System...

http://www.idsoftware.com/home/jan/q3abotai/Q3ABotAI_15.pdf

botman
The library is definitely proprietary, so the file format probably is too. Do you have a few hundred thousand dollars to spare?

Artificial Intelligence Depot - Maybe it''s not all about graphics...

Join us in Vienna for the nucl.ai Conference 2015, on July 20-22... Don't miss it!

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement