Help-Slowdown with VC6Pro

Started by
11 comments, last by Oldfella 21 years ago
Post the program executable you''re troubleshooting. Would be interesting to see results on different configurations.
Advertisement
I could be way off here, but my frame rate in fullscreen mode sticks to 60 (my refresh rate) in my game but in windowed mode its a lot faster, anywhere up to 150 fps. I think this is to do with DX limiting the FPS to the monitors refresh rate (you can disable this somehow, driver setting perhaps). Could this be the same with your app? Have you made any graphics driver setting changes since you installed pro? Like I said, just a thought.

h
Hi Guys,
MOVSW,at the moment, not possible to post you the EXE, it also has external files, eg textures,map coords ect, bit to big for my email allowance.
Klown9, you have given me something to think about, my refresh rate is 85, although it has allways been that. I will spend some time(when I get some) playing around with different refresh rates, just to see if this may have anything to do with it, and if it dose ,I need to learn how to overcome it code wise.
Thankyou everyone for your suggestions, I will try out a few Ideas, and I will let you know the outcome.
Cheers
Oldfella.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement