Mathematica

Started by
3 comments, last by Strife 21 years, 1 month ago
So I use Mathematia for my physics lab, and I heard something vague about there being a version that''s cheaper that works by actually using the kernel of a remote computer. In other words, it''s a remote version of Mathematica. However, I haven''t had any luck so far finding this, and I don''t even know what it''s called. Has anyone else heard of this before?
Advertisement
AFAIK, all versions of Mathematica can connect to a remote kernel. You''re saying that there is a version that doesn''t come with a kernel at all?

"If there is a God, he is a malign thug."
-- Mark Twain
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
That''s what I heard. I don''t know if it''s actually made by Wolfram though, or if it''s a 3rd part app that allows remotely connecting.
Are you sure they don''t mean that your school licensed it for students to use remotely? That would just be the front end and then you would have to connect to their kernel to actually use it. Other than that MathReader doesn''t have a kernel, but then it doesn''t need one either.
Keys to success: Ability, ambition and opportunity.
I''m positive. I''m guessing it''s some obscure 3rd part app, though.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement