direct x 9 sdk

Started by
6 comments, last by ssjeci 21 years, 1 month ago
hi i recently got the direct x 9 sdk. i have it for 2 days now and i still dont know how to operate it.can someone tell me how please.thanks.
Advertisement
*sigh*

Are you totally incapable of doing any research yourself? You seem to like to ask the same question over and over and over again...

Anyway, it took me about 3 minutes of searching to find Drunken Hyena''s beginner Direct3D tutorials.

There''s more where that came from!
i am trying to say how can u get the direct input and all of them on a window. where do u have to go.Ex:to go to c++ u have to goto start menu then find visual c++.what i am trying to say is how can u get to the direct x window.where do u start the code.whats the name.
There is no DirectX window. DirectX is not a "program" the way you think of it. It''s more like a bunch of functions you call from your own C++ code.
micepick is right, I think you are thinking about it the wrong way.

DirextX is what they call an API. basically, it is a set of functions that makes game programming a WHOLE LOT easier.

but you call these functions from your own code, be it Visual Basic or C++.

I must warn you, no one here is going to tell you step by step how to use DirectX, I don''t think there''s a person here that knows 100% of DX. My advice is too look through the books and software section of this site, and try to find a book that might help you start in a good direction.
might i suggest: make a hello world program first?
First thing, learn to make a simple window with Win32 API. Then do the rest. Assuming of course you know C.
You''ll have to add the corrosponding .lib files for the components of directx you are using, and then include the corrosponding .h files to use directx, then call various functions within it.

I don''t have dx9 (I''m using directdraw from dx 7/8), so what I do is #include <ddraw.h> at the beginning, and then add ddraw.lib to my project. That just adds the capable to use directx functions.

To actually get directx to do anything, you have to know a whole lot. For example, just to clear the screen, I have to create a directdraw object and a primary surface, then lock down the surface and find out how much video memory it takes up, then set the whole thing to 0. Hehe.

Book is definantly the way to go.
*Only in darkness can one truely shine*

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement