A great c++ book?

Started by
13 comments, last by KohryuSan 21 years ago
Deitel & Deitel''s C++: How to Program has been the best book I''ve read that is geared towards beginning C++ programmers.
Advertisement
Must put in a vote for "Thinking in C++" Great book!!
I would agree with :
MOVSW and -silencer-
that "C++: How to Program" by Dietel & Dietel is a great book for begginers. I also have "Programming in C++" by Nell Dale, Chip Weems, and Mark Headington, and I have looked at other beginers books and I would recomend Dietel & Dietels book to be a very good book, and a good resource. I think it was well worth the $65 I paid for it.
-- NeFrUgLe
I have to agree with some other posters... "C++ How To Program" by Deitel & Deitel is one of the best beginners c++ books I've ever seen... I got lucky and found a copy at a library book sale for $0.25.

I would also recommend "Beginning C++" by Ivor Horton. I got this one for a quarter, too.

Whatever you do, STAY AWAY from the C++ black book. It is pure garbage. This I paid full price for... sigh...

[edited by - camcbri on March 21, 2003 1:51:39 AM]
quote:Original post by camcbri
I would also recommend "Beginning C++" by Ivor Horton. I got this one for a quarter, too.
Wow! Regardless, this book is definitely worth its original price, especially if you are serious about developing a commercial product.

Jason Doucette - my online résumé page: www.jasondoucette.com
projects, real-time graphics, artificial intelligence, world records, wallpapers/desktops
Jason Doucette / Xona.comDuality: ZF — Xbox 360 classic arcade shmup featuring Dual Play

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement