Console??

Started by
6 comments, last by dragov 21 years ago
Does anyone have a tutorial on how to create a console in my opengl aplication? ~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~ Butterfly Corp
Advertisement
its not that hard... really simple actually.
and if you click on "articles and resources" at the top you''ll find a tutorial. it uses directx, but you can still use it.

-eldee
;another space monkey;
[ Forced Evolution Studios ]

::evolve::

Do NOT let Dr. Mario touch your genitals. He is not a real doctor!

-eldee;another space monkey;[ Forced Evolution Studios ]
Here

The Tyr project is here.
The Tyr project is here.
no offense but the bounding box tutorial with the AABB is not that good when you ask me

it create the 8 corner points

set up the 6 planes

and then check whether one of the 8 points is behind a polygon

if so i check whether the box hits the polygon while moving if not everythings fine
if i will restrict the movement so it only moves until it hits the polygon
http://www.8ung.at/basiror/theironcross.html
quote:Original post by Basiror
no offense but the bounding box tutorial with the AABB is not that good when you ask me

I am a little confused ; your post had absolutely nothing to do with the topic. If you are referring to the site I linked, then none taken, it isn't my site or my tutorial.

dragov, I just realized that that tutorial is in the "VIP" section which requires a fee. If I come across a different tutorial I'll let you know.

The Tyr project is here.

[edited by - OctDev on March 23, 2003 5:54:29 AM]
The Tyr project is here.
AllocConsole();freopen("CONOUT$", "a", stdout); 

This will create a console window in your application, and allow you to direct output to it. After this, you can output to it via:

fprintf(stdout, "Insert text here"); 

You can free the console window at any time using FreeConsole();

Thank you, but what I''m searching is for a console that is inside the opengl screen.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
Butterfly Corp
Ran across this about 5 minutes ago; I am going to check it out. Not compilable, but maybe a good reference, we''ll see.

Console Stuff

The Tyr project is here.
The Tyr project is here.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement