Intel C++ compiler

Started by
13 comments, last by dead_roses 21 years, 1 month ago
By the way, the Intel compiler will generate code that runs faster (than code generated by other compilers, in hte general case) on AMD machines as well, if you set it to P3-code. The only drawback is that the intel compiler won''t generate 3dnow! instructions automagically.
Advertisement
but the academic/standar version of msvc don''t support optimization, only the professional and enterprise
quote:Original post by MOVSW
I got VS .NET Academic version via my college for price of distribution. Nine bucks...

Yeah... my dad got me the prof. version for $15, because he works at a university...

-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
-~-The Cow of Darkness-~-
Alright, the Intel C++ Compiler is pretty good. It compiles much slower [perhaps because I have a Celeron?], but the performance gains are good enough. I only use it to compile Release versions. I didn''t see much of a filesize decrease then optimized for that [is it even talking about filesize, or some other size?]...
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
but the academic/standar version of msvc don''t support optimization, only the professional and enterprise

The academic is the professional version plus some stuff. It has many options for optimization and they actually make a difference in speed/size so it is unlikely they are there merely for show.
"Walk not the trodden path, for it has borne it's burden." -John, Flying Monk

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement