Any features in DX 9 that cant be used with VB.NET?

Started by
3 comments, last by chad wilson 21 years, 1 month ago
Im new and I have just been informed that DX 9 wont work with VB 6, which is all I have. They said in order to use the new features in DX 9 that i have to have VB.NET. OK, is there any feature of DX 9 that cant be used even with VB.NET? Thanks
"Dont worry its not loaded..."
Advertisement
No, it''s just the same like using C#, you will have access to all managed DirectX features. Don''t think that the transition from VB6 to VB.NET will be easy, though. If you go to this trouble anyway, I''d suggest you dived directly into C#, which more or less accomplishes the same tasks but with a cleaner syntax (not to mention its becoming the standard for .NET programming).
Saving & Loading Progressive meshes..(Though I don''t think that would work in C# either.)
<-Sweenie->
The DX9 SDK includes samples for saving and loading progressive meshes in C# and VB. I have yet to run across anything you can''t do in managed code that you can do in C++, as far as DirectX is concerned.
Well, I beleive you mean VS.net. That is because DX9 is managed code. And no you do not have to have it. DX9 also installs the lib and header files so that you can make it in C++.

You can check on http://nehe.gamedev.net
He has sample code on there with vs.net C++;

DX9 is coolest because it is .net compilant..
--What are you nutz?I have nothing to say to your unevolved little brain. The more I say gives you more weapons to ask stupid questions.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement