Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Using ActiveX w/o MFC

This topic is 5382 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

First off, I would like to state it here and now. ~I despise MFC~. Now, is there a way to user ActiveX controls [more specifically, Microsoft Forms 2.0 controls] in MSVC?? I don''t care if it''s harder, takes longer to do, or is performance-wise slower. I ~do not~ want to use MFC. I realize that, oh sure, it''s probably easier, but I learned the old-school way, and I''m sticking with it. Besides, I find that all-dialog apps are much easier to control =).

Guest Anonymous Poster
You can use the new, spiffy .NET framework instead. It''s not MFC. It''s something much more sinister :-)

Alright, I deleted my post before this, basically saying I cannot afford the .NET stuff. Anyways, I tried out MFC [eek!] with the ClassWizard. I am actually pretty impressed. However, I am still a little bit confused on how to do some things...

For example, lets say I make a MFC AppWizard Exe, and add a Microsoft Forms 2.0 TextBox ActiveX control. Now, how -exactly- do I get the text from the text box?