Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Saving X files

This topic is 5376 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am having a bit of a dilema. I aam trying to save an x-file using D3DXSaveMeshToX(). This works OK if i dont set an attribute table/range/buffer (depending on which bit of the docs you wish to take its name from). However when I use any method of filling the attribute table (either using SetAttributeTable, or locking/memcpy-ing/unlocking) of the mesh the Save function access violates. Nothing funny in the debug spew and all HRESULTS are S_OK (including those to fill the buffer). I have searched the forums (questions about saving x-files seem to be unanswered) and t''internet and this subject in general seems to be skipped most of the time. Any help would be much appreciated. Neil WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN THE LARGEST ARMS IN THE WORLD RUN WILD ON YOU?!?!

Nobody saves x-files?

The point of the exersize is to converts Quake3 BSP files to x-files. Why you ask? Well why not? I really wanted to compare how performance differs with my BSP engine and my (personally) optimized x-file rendering. If anyone has used this function any advice or example code would be nice.

Cheers

Neil

WHATCHA GONNA DO WHEN THE LARGEST ARMS IN THE WORLD RUN WILD ON YOU?!?!