am i too old??

Started by
22 comments, last by tonymontana 21 years ago
I hope you''re not too old...

I have no right to be posting anything of this nature, but here goes:

Most uni students studying game related courses (in UK which is where I live) won''t even leave university and start looking for work until they reach 22. And how long is it gonna take for them to find work, huh? Meanwhile, you learn how to program games within one year (which is what I''ve done, I started learning c++ 21 and am now 22, though I''ve been dabbling a little in various programming languages since I was 10, this is the first time I''ve ever managed to get serious) then start working on some decent demos. You have just as much chance as the degree student. I''ve been looking at the job ads, and none of the ones I viewed cite anything to do with having a degree, they just say ''have one complete game under your belt'' (though when I tried going to an interview with ''sonic the hedgehog'' sticking out of my trousers they laughed me out of the place), and how many published games do uni students have?

This is what helps me sleep at night, anyway.
Advertisement
I hate the posts about age, am I too young? am I too old? how old must be to learn programming? I have 13 and I want to make the super hyper extreme unlimited next generation game, am I too young?

... sorry
quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster
I hate the posts about age, am I too young? am I too old? how old must be to learn programming? I have 13 and I want to make the super hyper extreme unlimited next generation game, am I too young?

... sorry

Luckily, this thread was nothing like that.

pan narrans | My Website | Study + Hard Work + Loud Profanity = Good Code
Minister of Propaganda : leighstringer.com : Nobody likes the man who brings bad news - Sophocles (496 BC - 406 BC), Antigone
37 and just beginning game programming...

Started on the Apple II, Com 64, then missed most of the 1990''s. Been under a rock for 15 years. What did I miss?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement