Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Direct3D Errors - How to solve

This topic is 5379 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi peoples, I''ve just wrote a programm to manage my Direct3D (will support DirectX 9.0) but I get three errors, I don''t know why. In a tutorial I''ve found in the web it is done the same way. Here''s the error codes I get: error C2660: ''IDirect3D9::GetAdapterModeCount'' : function does not take 1 parameters error C2660: ''IDirect3D9::EnumAdapterModes'' : function does not take 3 parameters error C2660: ''IDirect3DDevice9::GetBackBuffer'' : function does not take 3 parameters And here are the corresponding lines in my code: - DWORD dwAnz_Adapter_Modi = g_lpD3D->GetAdapterModeCount(iAdapter); - g_lpD3D->EnumAdapterModes( iAdapter, iMode, &DisplayMode ); - g_lpD3DDevice->GetBackBuffer(0,D3DBACKBUFFER_TYPE_MONO,&g_lpD3DSBack); All variables are defined and are being accepted. If anybody knows what to do, please help me! Thanks

quote:
Original post by Pityworm2
If anybody knows what to do, please help me!

RTM perhaps?

UINT GetAdapterModeCount(UINT Adapter,D3DFORMAT Format);

Parameters:

Adapter
[in] Ordinal number that denotes the display adapter. D3DADAPTER_DEFAULT is always the primary display adapter.
Format
[in] Identifies the format of the surface type using D3DFORMAT. Use IDirect3D9::EnumAdapterModes to see the valid formats.

HRESULT EnumAdapterModes(UINT Adapter,D3DFORMAT Format,UINT Mode,D3DDISPLAYMODE* pMode);
Parameters:

Adapter
[in] Ordinal number denoting the display adapter to enumerate. D3DADAPTER_DEFAULT is always the primary display adapter. This method returns D3DERR_INVALIDCALL when this value equals or exceeds the number of display adapters in the system.
Format
[in] Allowable pixel formats. The application specifies a pixel format, and the enumeration is restricted to those display modes that exactly match the format. Valid formats are: D3DFMT_X8R8G8B8, D3DFMT_A8R8G8B8, D3DFMT_A2R10G10B10, D3DFMT_X1R5G5B5, D3DFMT_A1R5G5B5, and D3DFMT_R5G6B5, which are members of D3DFORMAT.
Mode
[in] Represents the adapter mode. This must be set to the display-mode index, which must be in the range of zero to one less than the value returned by IDirect3D9::GetAdapterModeCount. See Remarks.
pMode
[out] Array of display modes. Each is of type D3DDISPLAYMODE. See Remarks.

HRESULT GetBackBuffer(UINT iSwapChain,UINT BackBuffer,D3DBACKBUFFER_TYPE Type,IDirect3DSurface9 **ppBackBuffer);
Parameters:

iSwapChain
[in] An unsigned integer specifying the swap chain.
BackBuffer
[in] Index of the back buffer object to return. Back buffers are numbered from 0 to the total number of back buffers - 1. A value of 0 returns the first back buffer, not the front buffer. The front buffer is not accessible through this method.
Type
[in] Stereo view is not supported in Microsoft® DirectX® 9.0, so the only valid value for this parameter is D3DBACKBUFFER_TYPE_MONO.
ppBackBuffer
[out, retval] Address of a pointer to an IDirect3DSurface9 interface, representing the returned back buffer surface.

[edited by - erluk on March 23, 2003 4:32:18 PM]