Action RPG

Started by
3 comments, last by zapaper 21 years ago
Hi all! A group of us,university students, made an action RPG game. We are experimenting with some gameplay ideas so you may need to adjust to the controls... We would like some feedback for improvements and general comments. thanks You can download it at: www.blue-edge.org/demo.zip mirror: www-personal.engin.umich.edu/~zlim/demo.zip Minimum requirements: 3D graphics card 700 MHZ 33MB Hard disk space Thanks and have fun! Peter ww.blue-edge.org
Advertisement
Forgot to add:
We have tried it on a few systems and it works fine. If somehow it doesn''t run on your system, please email me with the problem description and attach "error.log"
peter@blue-edge.org

Thanks a heap!

I ran it on my XP system, 2.26ghz, GF4 Ti 4200 and the game ran fine. I made it all the way out of the complex, is that the end of the demo? Might be nice if your mini map had an exit indicator.

Nice job.
Yups, that''s the end of the demo. was planning to make more maps and more abilities for the player.

thanks
Compliments to your team; that''s a really nice job for a non-professional type project. I especially liked the portrait art, particularly david and his droopy glasses . In the 3rd person mode, my biggest complaint was the mouse only rotated the view 10 degrees at a time. This made looking around pretty jerky; why not a continuous mouse look? Another thing that would be helpful, albeit considerably more work to implement, would be automatic transparing of occluding level geometry, a la ONI.
That''s all I really noticed, excepting the draw-in distance, and I''m sure you have your reasons for that .
Also, really impressed by the scripted cut scenes.

Athlon 1800XP Gf3 64MB Ti200, 512MB DDR, WinXP.
ran great.
-david

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement