Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

First demo! - Updated 2/4

This topic is 5371 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ok, it's a bit of spamming to announce it here, but hey, it's our first Anyway, the demo is avaliable for download at out homepage (DreggSoft link in sig.) Please download and drop a comment here or in the DreggSoft forum and say what you think about it. /Update There's a new version of the demo avaliable at our site..check it out if you like..
-Luctus Codito, Ergo Sum (Courtesy of ThinkGeek) [Mail][DreggSoft] [edited by - Luctus on April 2, 2003 5:30:37 AM]

Ran fine on my system:

950mhz athlon
nVidia Geforce4 mx440
640meg SDRAM

One thing though, the model would sometimes flicker to a postion in the animation frame sequency where it was shooting or something... couldn''t really tell because it was very fast. Other than, ran fine

Dwiel

Ran fine on my system:
AthlonXP 2000+
384mb DDR
Geforce4 ti4600
1038fps

I too noticed the model will flicker to some kind of firing animation. I also had to end task it through windows cause I couldn''t figure out how to quit

-------------------
Realm Games Company

AMD Athlon Thunderbird 1.4Ghz
256MB DDR
GeForce 4 Ti4200 64MB

61 fps

And the flicker with showing the shooting animation really quick happened to me also..

The above reply is v-sync limited. I averaged 630+ FPS on a 1.3 TBird with 512 MBRAM and a geForce3 ti500.

edit this post was made in response to Star2's post.

[edited by - zealouselixir on March 23, 2003 6:57:34 PM]

quote:
Original post by ZealousElixir
The above reply is v-sync limited. I averaged 630+ FPS on a 1.3 TBird with 512 MBRAM and a geForce3 ti500.

edit this post was made in response to Star2''s post.

[edited by - zealouselixir on March 23, 2003 6:57:34 PM]

How do I remove the limit?

Star2: Turning off v-sync will introduce tearing, but will let your graphical apps run as fast as possible. It''s a trade-off, and if you don''t like it you can always set it back on. Just open your video properties (right-click the desktop, select "Settings", then "Advanced.") Somewhere in there you''ll find an option concerning v-sync. Turn it "off."

Later,
ZE.

//email me.//zealouselixir software.//msdn.//n00biez.//
miscellaneous links

~1780 FPS
P4 2Ghz
GeForce 4 Ti 4400
WinXP
512 MB RAM

I noticed the firing animation too. I couldn''t figure out how to quit, so I alt-tabbed and got a "mixInput" error, "Could not reaquire". That crashed the game for me.

quote:
Star2: Turning off v-sync will introduce tearing, but will let your graphical apps run as fast as possible. It''s a trade-off, and if you don''t like it you can always set it back on. Just open your video properties (right-click the desktop, select "Settings", then "Advanced.") Somewhere in there you''ll find an option concerning v-sync. Turn it "off."

Later,
ZE.

Thanks. Im going to try it out.

Thamnks for the replies guys..we''ll look into why the model is flickering and make sure it won''t crash if dinput loses focus..

Oh, Alt-f4 would have closed the application (uploaded a version now with ESC-key implemented, whee! )

-Luctus
Codito, Ergo Sum (Courtesy of ThinkGeek)

[Mail][DreggSoft]

quote:

Later,
ZE.

I''ve always thought it more the responsibility of the programmer to set vsync (or not)...

quote:
Original post by LockePick
~1780 FPS

wtf thats a high fps! It ran fine on a p2 350 (15 fps)
it crashed funny though, my character just kept walking by itself and then freeze.

quote:
I''ve always thought it more the responsibility of the programmer to set vsync (or not)...

I think you''ll find that most people disagree with you on that. I for one would be exceedingly pissed if a game took it upon itself to alter my hardware configuration (even if just for that game).

How do I turn on/off vsync with C++/opengl under windows?
I'm making a game and I want to mess with people's hardware configurations.. (Just joking with you Admiral! )

[edited by - deadalive on March 25, 2003 3:56:34 PM]

Hey, no one commented on the music so I thought I would.
it's cool!
oldschool ... I like that.

dunno how it'll fit some hardcore shoot-em-up ... but hey!

[edited by - skeitaridaudans on March 26, 2003 5:20:54 AM]

skeitaridaudans: Hehe, thanks for the compliment, but unfortunately we can''t claim any credit for it (other than our good taste ), since it''s a midi-conversion of some of the game-music from Final Fantasy VII

VladR: Was it out project homepage or the site hosting the demo archive that was down? (they''re hosted on different sites)

The project homepage is hosted on a free web-hotel (hey, we''re just students), and is the only one I found so far that supports php4, is completely without any banners and supplies a reasonable bandwidth. I am not able at the moment to put any money into this project and thus, we''ll have to put up with any misfortunes concerning the web-site.

The demo archive is stored at a web-space supplied by my ISP and it''s got no limitation on the bandwidth as far as I know, if it was down..there''s not much I can do about it. Anway, they''re both avaliable now though.

-Luctus
Codito, Ergo Sum (Courtesy of ThinkGeek)

[Mail][DreggSoft]