Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

EAX documentation

This topic is 5382 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Does anyone know of documentation for programming EAX? I''ve begun to research audio programming more and this is something that has peaked my interest. I''ve already reviewed the sdk''s from Creative Labs and have not found them very useful. Is there a better source for information on this topic.

I''ve started reading Game Audio Programming, which is published by Charles River Media (same publisher as Game Programming Gems and Game Developer magazine). I haven''t gotten to the section on EAX yet, but I know the author goes into methods for converting a representation of the geometry of the world and its properties and translating those into the proper EAX settings. So far, the book has been a good read (considering there''s *very* little to compare it to -- there seem to be almost no books on Game Audio, and the audio programming books that are out there don''t take into account a lot of the demands that should be considered).

I hope that helps...

(BTW - in the context you used it, the spelling is "piqued" not peaked, but at least you knew its meaning)