OpenGL Camera Problem

Started by
5 comments, last by kspansel 21 years, 1 month ago
I''m having a problem with my camera class. I can''t get anything on the screen. Here''s what I do: E = ( 0.0f, 10.0f, 10.0f ) // Eye L = ( 0.0f, 0.0f, -1.0f ) // Look U = ( 0.0f, 1.0f, 0.0f ) // Up gluLookAt( E.x, E.y, E.z, L.x, L.y, L.z, U.x, U.y, U.z ); I have also drawn a lare quad which should be in the view but I can''t see anything. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks. Kory
"The pioneers of a warless world are the youth who refuse military service" - Albert Einstein
Advertisement
we need more code. Is the quad behind the camera? Is the quad under the camera? Is your viewport set up correctly? Is the quad getting clipped by the near clip plane?
I just created a 2000x2000 unit quad centered at (0,0,0) and having the plane y = 0. I''ve also tried various camera heights and nothing, so I don''t think the quad is getting clipped by the near plane. I can''t figure out why it doesn''t work.

Kory
"The pioneers of a warless world are the youth who refuse military service" - Albert Einstein
backface culling off?

also: lookat is a point in space, not a direction.. just in case the numbers mean what i think they do.
f@dzhttp://festini.device-zero.de
turn on the glPerspective(...) mode on, and check your back face culling, if it''s on, if so check the order in wich you created the quad.
[ ]Is your computer plugged in?
[ ]Is your computer turned on?
If your problem still persists, call 9-1-1. Operators are standing by.
Keep coming back, because it's worth it, if you work it, so work it, you're worth it!
Post some minimal rendering code. Without that, we''re just guessing.

Also, when you said the plane is at zero - you can''t have the near plane at zero. Put it at 0.01 or something.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement