Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

<<< EXPLOSIONS >>> (how would one go about making these?)

This topic is 5375 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Does anybody know how to generate realistic explosions. I assume there are a few components to these: 1) Volumetric Smoke... Anybody know how to make this in OpenGL? 2) Center fireball... Couldn''t be a perfect sphere, and textures would be difficult. I was thinking about possible a particle explosion with random velocities for each particle 3) Debris... Simpletonville -- just randomly generate a couple spinning polygons. Also the physical aspects of how it affects characters would be important, but im too lazy to spill my ramblings about that here now, so ill just substitute this: *rambles on & on about physical effects of explosions on objects/players* --===LITHIC===-- --===WWW.HaVoKsite.TK===--

You could have unseeably HUGE explosions that are so big and so bright that they light up your view to a bright white and that''s all you can see. For that, you could I guess, blend the whole window to white really fast!

You might want to look into particle engines. The more advanced ones are generally used to create a huge range of very realistic looking effects, including explosions, smoke, and debris. As far as OpenGL volumetric ''fog'', go to gametutorials.com. It has a bit on volumetric fog.

-------------------
Realm Games Company