Triangle/Plane clipping

Started by
6 comments, last by M_R_Ducs 21 years ago
Can anyone point me towards some info on clipping a triangle by a plane. Thanks.
Advertisement
request code at my email

Thanks for the offer, but for legal purposes I wouold rather not go that route. Could you describe the method by which it is done though?
Why can''t you use your brain? How do you suppose the pioneer of clipping went about it? D-Do you think he had lit-little elves under his desk working f-for him? NOOOOO! Is it just impossible for you to THINK, even with the elementary underastanding of linear algebra! H-How do, how do you expect us to think for you without a decent prompt?!?!
Keep coming back, because it's worth it, if you work it, so work it, you're worth it!
If you intend to criticize at least be constructive. The whole st-studdering thing was f-fuckin s-stupid. I didn't ask you to think for me, I asked for information. I didn't expect the whole alogorithm. I was looking for the mathematical equations or a website detailing containing similiar. In closing:
Blow me,
Burn in hell,
Hope ya get hit by a bus,
I mock your moral value system,
I have slept with your spouse or significant other.

[edited by - M_R_Ducs on March 24, 2003 9:33:20 PM]
lol
"A man who steals one idea is a plagiarist. A man who steal a hundred ideas is a genius." --Einstein (or so I''m led to believe)
You could use the line vs plane to clip the two edges and then make another edge by joining the points at the end of the clipped lines.

Of course, one or two of the triangles verts would stride the plane so the result could be another triangle or a quad.

63616C68h: Yeah, really helpful. Of course, you figured everything out for yourself didn''t you.
Thanks freakchild. I have attempted something close to what you desribed, but I was checking to make sure I was heading in the right direction.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement