Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rough Seas

This topic is 5195 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

You have to clarify: Do you mean the physics of calculating the ripples, or the graphics to render it? The physics can be as detailed as you wish, really, and for graphics a heightmap is best. It can be used for the vertices and vertex shaders can handle the color/translucency changes (white, opaque foam turning to blue, clear (maybe) water).

~CGameProgrammer( );
DevImg.net - Post screenshots, comment on others.
Town 3D Engine - A city-rendering 3D engine. Download the demo.

quote:
Original post by CGameProgrammer
You have to clarify: Do you mean the physics of calculating the ripples, or the graphics to render it? The physics can be as detailed as you wish, really, and for graphics a heightmap is best. It can be used for the vertices and vertex shaders can handle the color/translucency changes (white, opaque foam turning to blue, clear (maybe) water).

~CGameProgrammer( );
DevImg.net - Post screenshots, comment on others.
Town 3D Engine - A city-rendering 3D engine. Download the demo.

Well I''m just after seeing some screenshots of what is currently considered the "best" of all water simulation in realtime. Thanks,

David

Well, this is probably far from the best, but it sure impresses me (except for the silly tornado..)

http://www.digimindsoft.com/seastorm3d.htm

Guest Anonymous Poster
That Sea Storm 3D look very fake, it''s just a texturemap with height map variation animation.

This is the best Sea simulation I have seen. Download the demo and see for yourself. I have use it whenever I cannot goto Beach hahaa..
http://www.virtualskipper.com/index_us.htm