Beta Testing

Started by
13 comments, last by CallMeNeo8Ball 21 years ago
I need some people to test an early beta version of my engine. It''s not much to look at but it''s fine to test compatibility. It requires Windows 95 or above and DirectX 9.0 and Hardware acceleration of some kind is nice preferably the Geforce series of cards. You can download at: http://www.geocities.com/callmeneo8ball/PuNkRoCkEngine.zip Just Unzip and run setup. If any thing goes wrong just email me or post the PRELog.txt that is gengerated. EMAIL: CallMeNeo8Ball@yahoo.com THANKS, Frank
-----------------------Who Flung Poo?
Advertisement
And please feel free to comment.
Doesn''t look like you''re doing rendering optimizations.
I get 14 FPS with ATI 9700 PRO
P4 2666 mhz
512 ddr
Doesn''t look like you''re supporting ATI chips.

i get constant 297 FPS with GForce4 P3 866mhz 384 ram
quote:Original post by MOVSW
P4 2666 mhz
512 ddr

Actually its quite heavlay optimized. The level consists of around 65,000 polygons. Although I''m not too sure why your chipset is going so slow.

Your card is ATI’s RADEON 9700 PRO 128MB DDR right?

On a side note. How dose the Loading screen look? Right now it seems to
Severely offset the actually level. The game this engine is going to power is going to
have large free environments with a whole lot of Zombies, demons and other such
goodies, which you find all sorts of cool ways to kill be it with bullets or cars.

The models, animation, levels are still in the works and we didn''t want to release them but we are working on some better test levels. Currently I''ve just stated to implemented the environment damage schema which allows bullet holes the to remain permanently on objects with no speed hit.

-Frank
quote:Original post by CallMeNeo8Ball
Original post by MOVSW
P4 2666 mhz
512 ddr

Actually its quite heavlay optimized. The level consists of around 65,000 polygons. Although I''m not too sure why your chipset is going so slow.

Your card is ATI’s RADEON 9700 PRO 128MB DDR right?

Yes, running on an 4X AGP slot. How much do you rely on VSYNC? Because my monitor''s rate is 72Hz. Not like that should make much difference.
''The web site you are trying to access has exceeded its allocated data transfer. ''
Maybe you just don''t have up to date drivers, and are running in software mode . I couldn''t test it either.
I got Catalyst 3.2 which I believe are the latest drivers.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement