Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

How to design a cokpit

This topic is 5380 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello everyone. I try to design a cokpit in Opengl. You have any clue? I would like to design a cockpit. I want to be able to see view outside of my plane and at the same time the control inside the cockpit. Please help me...

If you''d like it 3d, then create a box (or something batter), place the camera into it, then put some textures on it and make it transparent on places where the windows should be.

You can also do it 2d. Perhaps with masking.

No, you idiot, he doesn''t mean a pilot seating box, he means a circular, dirt pit where betters and their cocks gamble on cock fights that are to take place in the center of the pit. The winner wins and the loser dies, and money is traded in the direction of the former. The question is, how do you construct this "cockpit." Well, first you have to thoroughly design your idea on paper--put every detail down. This is what''s called, in the industry, a conceptual sketch. Once you''ve perfected your conceptual evironment, you need to find a way to model it visually. This cannot be done with OpenGL per se, it can be done by your own hands in OpenGL, yes, that is, if you were experienced enough to design a modeller that could rival those esteemed with names like "3DS Max" and that cost 138,000 baht. You could take that lane, which is known as making tools for yourself--tools which are not your actual engine. Or you could take the more feasible-for-a-newbie approach, which is using MilkShape 3D or TrueSpace, and then exporting your model to the format that your engine reads. It''s bleeding impossible to model your engine on paper and go straight to vertex loading, unless you like used clay and took measurements with some calipers. But ofcourse, if you only wanted a simple box, then do it in OpenGL simply using glBegin(), glVertex, and glEnd, along with their appropriate GL_* parameters.