Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DSBCAPS_CTRLDEFAULT unidentified

This topic is 5376 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''m trying to compile one of the demos from "Tricks Of The Windows Programming Gurus", and on the direct sound demos I keep getting this error: D:\My Documents\C++ Files\Source\T3DCHAP10\demo10_2.cpp(263) : error C2065: ''DSBCAPS_CTRLDEFAULT'' : undeclared identifier I''m assuming that I have to declare #define DIRECTSOUND_VERSION blah to get this to work, since I have DX9 on my pc, and the book uses DX7. If this is the case, what version of DIRECTSOUND_VERSION do I have to declare. Or is the problem something else? Thanks in advance - God is my favorite fictional character

The DX SDK documents are your friend. A quick search turned up this bit:

The DSBCAPS_CTRLDEFAULT flag is no longer supported. This flag was defined as DSBCAPS_CTRLPAN | DSBCAPS_CTRLVOLUME | DSBCAPS_CTRLFREQUENCY. By specifying only the flags you need, you cut down on unnecessary resource usage.

Thanks for replying Jim, but I''ve already tried replacing DSBCAPS_CTRLDEFAULT with DSBCAPS_FREQUENCY, DSBCAPS_VOLUME, and DSBCAPS_PAN, but then I get 2 errors saying that BDSCAPS_VOLUME and DBSCAPS_PAN are unidentified. I''m going to take another look through the sdk but I would still be grateful for any more replies here. Thanks

- God is my favorite fictional character

Okay, I looked through the sdk and copy and pasted the 3 i need from there and it worked this time. Maybe they were spelt different than in my book, but whatever. Thanks Jim.

- God is my favorite fictional character