Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Yet More Tetris Help.

This topic is 5379 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Here is my a shot of my sad game: The board( a 20x13 matrix ) gets drawn everyframe, and in board I mean the blocks that have collided. However, when this board gets half full or more there is a noticable slow-down. For drawing the board I simply do nested for loops and then blt the appropriate block color into the appropriate place on the board. It is a rather niave approach I think. Is there a better way to do this? I tried only drawing the area that needs to be re-drawn after a collision, but note there is a 640x480 background so that approach doesn''t work because everything must be cleared or the block falling will appear smeared, unless I am missing something there and it can be done. All help is greatly appreciated, Thanks!!

hey, i too am working on a tetris game and am curious as to how you made the board in general. I was thinking of making a structure or a class, but i figured i could also do it much more simply if i made just a plane old matrix. Howd you do it?