• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Agentidd

Euler

This topic is 5559 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Need help ending a debate. Is Euler pronounced "oiler", or "uuler"?? -DD EDIT- (Forgot about websters.com) Eu·ler ( P ) Pronunciation Key (oilr), Leonhard. 1707-1783. Swiss mathematician noted both for his work in analysis and algebra, including complex numbers and logarithms, and his introduction of much of the basic notation in mathematics [edited by - agentidd on March 24, 2003 9:14:49 PM]

Advertisement
Guest Anonymous Poster
oiler

Since it''s German, eu is always oy, so oiler is correct As for those Japanise guys that had the idea that helped solve fermat''s last theorem, anyone know that?

It''s ''oiler''.

Enough people pronounce it ''uuler'' (incorrectly) that they can convince each other they''re right.

Yeah, it''s oiler. I''ve never actually heard anyone pronounce it otherwise, except for when I first pronounced it years ago, and was promptly corrected.

oiler, huh?

Well, I call it uuler. If you don''t like it, ts. You can''t teach an old dog new tricks.

We all speak diffrent languages.
For instance, in sweden the money in USA is called ''dollar'' and spelled ''dollar'', but we do not pronounce it as you americans.

Pronounce it as it would be pronounced in your country.

I am a signature virus. Please add me to your signature so that I may multiply.

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!