Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Q2 Engine & Worldcraft 3.3

This topic is 5377 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''ve been searching for a free-to-use game engine, and desided to use the open source Quake 2 engine (its tested and works). Was just wondering if Worldcraft 3.3 will compile maps for Q2. I used worldcraft a lot to make HL/CS maps. I remember the version 2.0 that shipped with HL said it was for HL (didnt mention Q1/Q2, which it was originally made for). If i get some Q2 bsp compilers, could i use worldcraft 3.3 to make Q2 maps? would make life 100 times easier. btw, other than codewarrior, what other good C programming enviroments are there?

I would definitely check out the licensing info for the Q2 engine before getting too far into the development process... in case they do not meet your requirements.

For development environments, VC++ is pretty nice (check out the WndTabs extension, I''ve been using it for a while, it''s pretty slick). Dev C++ is apparently pretty popular too, though I''ve never had success with it.

MatrixCubed
http://MatrixCubed.cjb.net

Why not make get some Q2 tools and use worldcraft to make a simple map and try to load it in Q2? If it works, then yes you can and if not, probably not.