Q2 Engine & Worldcraft 3.3

Started by
3 comments, last by Dirus 21 years ago
I''ve been searching for a free-to-use game engine, and desided to use the open source Quake 2 engine (its tested and works). Was just wondering if Worldcraft 3.3 will compile maps for Q2. I used worldcraft a lot to make HL/CS maps. I remember the version 2.0 that shipped with HL said it was for HL (didnt mention Q1/Q2, which it was originally made for). If i get some Q2 bsp compilers, could i use worldcraft 3.3 to make Q2 maps? would make life 100 times easier. btw, other than codewarrior, what other good C programming enviroments are there?
Advertisement
I would definitely check out the licensing info for the Q2 engine before getting too far into the development process... in case they do not meet your requirements.

For development environments, VC++ is pretty nice (check out the WndTabs extension, I''ve been using it for a while, it''s pretty slick). Dev C++ is apparently pretty popular too, though I''ve never had success with it.

MatrixCubed
http://MatrixCubed.cjb.net

ive already read the user agreement stuff, no real problems with that.

just wondering if WC3.3 can compile for the Q2 engine
Why not make get some Q2 tools and use worldcraft to make a simple map and try to load it in Q2? If it works, then yes you can and if not, probably not.
"Walk not the trodden path, for it has borne it's burden." -John, Flying Monk
Worldcraft can export to a .map file so it shouldn''t be too hard ti get some Q2 compile tools to compile it into a Q2 bsp.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement