( ) when doing math operations

Started by
4 comments, last by NumberXaero 21 years, 1 month ago
I think it was here I read a post about this once, but the search doesnt work, do brackets slow calculations? They clarify things, but is there a speed cost for too many brackets? Anyone know.
Advertisement
I don''t know for sure, But I don''t think so.
If there is a speed hit then it wouldn''t even be a system ticks difference.

The only reason for a speed hit would be if your messing up the default order of precedence.

There is one way to be sure.

test it. ;}

Armand
Armand -------------------------It is a good day to code.
No, they''re evaluated at compile time, not run time.
Chess is played by three people. Two people play the game; the third provides moral support for the pawns. The object of the game is to kill your opponent by flinging captured pieces at his head. Since the only piece that can be killed is a pawn, the two armies agree to meet in a pawn-infested area (or even a pawn shop) and kill as many pawns as possible in the crossfire. If the game goes on for an hour, one player may legally attempt to gouge out the other player's eyes with his King.
quote:Original post by Armand
The only reason for a speed hit would be if your messing up the default order of precedence.

You can do that?
Chess is played by three people. Two people play the game; the third provides moral support for the pawns. The object of the game is to kill your opponent by flinging captured pieces at his head. Since the only piece that can be killed is a pawn, the two armies agree to meet in a pawn-infested area (or even a pawn shop) and kill as many pawns as possible in the crossfire. If the game goes on for an hour, one player may legally attempt to gouge out the other player's eyes with his King.
quote:I don''t know for sure,

Why are you answering the question?
quote:But I don''t think so.

Is that just an opinion? If anyone asks about this again I can say ''Armand doesn''t think so''
quote:There is one way to be sure.

Yes, learn c++.
Ah, the memories of good old BEDMAS.

- Rob Loach
Current Project(s): Upgrade to .NET and learn DX 9
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement