C# & DirectX

Started by
4 comments, last by Pexi 21 years ago
Is there any good tutorials or examples avaible anywhere? All the articles I have read tell that using c# for game dev is an bad idea. Is that true? What about OpenGL I''ve heard of project that was making Opengl for C#.
Pekka Heikurapekka.heikura@mbnet.fi
Advertisement
Where did you read that C# is a bad language for game programming? I think it''s more than decent in speed, and definitely much more easier than C++ to design games. Regarding OpenGL and DirectX, it will be easier and more effective to use the latter with C# because there''s a managed wrapper for it, while with OpenGL one must go to COM interop.
someone''s never heard of CSGL. I wonder who it could be...?

ld
No Excuses
quote:Original post by BlackGhost
while with OpenGL one must go to COM interop.

Since OpenGL has nothing to do with COM, COM interop wouldn''t apply here in any case.

"If there is a God, he is a malign thug."
-- Mark Twain
--AnkhSVN - A Visual Studio .NET Addin for the Subversion version control system.[Project site] [IRC channel] [Blog]
quote:COM interop wouldn''t apply here in any case

Right. Still C# interop would - and C# interop is more expensive than "Managed C++ IJW Interop".

Not sure it would make a difference, though. And someone fcould always come up with a good managed wrapper :-)

Regards

Thomas Tomiczek
THONA Consulting Ltd.
(Microsoft MVP C#/.NET)
RegardsThomas TomiczekTHONA Consulting Ltd.(Microsoft MVP C#/.NET)
Dammit
I''ve got to stick out of DirectX sometime and start learning about other things

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement